Tuesday 22 November 2016

Question 2: How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

There are plenty of connections and similarities between my Digipak, Magazine ad and my Music Video. Firstly they are all linked by one thing which is the artist. I have used my self as the artist for my ancils and have kept that a constant throughout. This all ties in well as the performer in my video is the same person I used on the magazine ad and the same person I used in a few of my panels for the digipak. I think that since I used my self as the performer and the front man for my ancils, it made it a lot easier as I was able to take photos whenever I liked as I did not have to rely on any body else when I wanted to take photos or film. Also, working on my own meant I could set up and do things
the way I wanted to and not have to accommodate for anyone else, I could take my time and have

it the way I planned to have it. Another connections between my Digipak and my Magazine ad is that I wore the same outfit throughout so nothing looked out of place and it all tied in. Also since the title of the album was called submarine I thought it would
be cohesive to include a picture of a cartoonish submarine as one of
my panels on the digipak, so that's a nice link there.
There is also a similar link from the Digipak to the music video. Part way through the music video it shows the young lad handing the girl a flower and in the digipak there is a panel that is dedicated to that scene where it shows the lad holding the flower in his hand.

I believe that my 3 ancil texts all work together harmoniously in creating the star image that I am trying to portray. Another reason I used my self in all three ancillary is because it would be easier to present a star image, therefore by using the same person in all three it portrays a star and makes that person the main attraction and the focal point of the whole album, and the songs on the album. Synergy is present here as the three texts are all linked together by someway or another. Due to this synergy it creates a star image of the performer which is exactly the point of ancillary texts. To make the artist or band the main focal point and I feel have done this through my ancillary texts.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment